Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Big Day!

Well it started out just like I thought it would He woke up around 9:30 am which means NO FOOD
Well that wasn't too bad he just wanted to go back and lay down. Around 11:30 I had to try and get him really to go Well that was a challenge but I finally got him dressed, He started crying about the time we had to go I was able to calm him down and get him in the van. The drive over he just sat there looking around smiling acting very well behaved. Tim went with us I am glad he did because the boy is too big for me to handle by myself. After we checked in they had to take down all the info and the Dr. came in and told me that he was going to give him a shot to relax him for the IV and the blood work. SO they brought in backup guys to hold him if needed. But the Dr had me stand in front of Michael and had Michael give me a big hug while he got the shot. All Michael did was look at the Dr and said OW! WE walked him ove to the gurney that was in the room and I sat down next to him so that as soon as the drug kicked in we could lay him over on the gurney. Within 3-4 seconds it hit him. They laid him back and he looked like he was on a major high. they started doing the IV and he stop breathing I was watching to make sure they noticed They did They put his head up a little and put him on oxygen . I went back out with Tim and we went down stairs and had lunch. 1 hour later they came and got both of us to go back into the room till he woke up. it took him a very long time , As soon as he started waking up they wheeled him out to the van and it took all three of us to get him in the van. He is so out of it!! WE got all the way home only 1/2 block from the front door and he threw up all over the front of himself. he started choking so I had to hold his head up[ and he threw up again. Thanks goodness he only had a little coke on his stomach Chris Helped me get him into his bedroom and now he is resting . Man what a long day....... Tim just stands there watching me clean him up worrying about getting the leaves that blew into the garage which really pissed me off but I should have known It would come down to that.. I will drop off the disk at Dr. Coble's office after my dental appointment in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment